Supported Lifestyles Ltd. Community Supports believes that all people have the right to engage in and contribute to their communities through meaningful activities, including gainful employment.
Supported Lifestyles Ltd. Community Supports supports people to access and integrate themselves in their communities in meaningful ways thorough employment and engagement opportunities. We do this by helping people identify areas of strength and interests, often building upon an existing skill base, identifying the unique contributions each person has to make to the community. Hours of support are typically 9am-3pm Monday through Friday, however this may depend on need. Clients requring community supports may have ther services in all four quadrants of the city (NE, NW, SE, SW).
Supported Lifestyles Ltd. Community Supports assists people who experience barriers to work in securing a job. We do this by helping people build on their existing skill base, identifying the unique contributions the job seekers have to make to the business world. At the same time, we are partnering with local businesses to identify opportunities to streamline processes and increase profitability through the matching of a suitable candidates. Supported Lifestyles Ltd. Community Supports is a member of the Calgary Employment First Network (CEFN).
Supported Lifestyles Ltd. Community Supports assists people to access opportunities to engage in community activities that are meaningful to them. This may include:
- Community recreation and leisure activities:
- Recreation/Leisure Centres to swim or work out (i.e. YMCA, City of Calgary Leisure Centres, etc.)
- Attending Sing-Along (every 2 weeks)
- Hiking, walks, visiting outdoor parks
- Day trips (i.e. Banff, Canmore, Bragg Creek, Drumheller, etc.)
- Contribute to the community through volunteer opportunities
- Attend personal development classes (i.e. social skills, reading/writing classes, etc.)